Sunday, April 16, 2006

Pesto Rice Salad



On Sunday morning, I made this pesto rice salad I found on the internet for an Easter gathering I was attending. After my success with the pesto recipe from Vegan with a Vengeance, I used that in place of the pesto recipe that came with the rice salad recipe. The dish is a fairly easy one to make, and it's perfect to take to gatherings or parties because it can be served warm, cold, or at room temperature. So it doesn't matter if it sits out all afternoon, and you don't need to reheat it before serving it. Room temperature seems to be its ideal condition though, as it seems to bring out all of the flavors.

It is a fairly tasty dish as is, I'd just recommend doubling the quantities of roasted red peppers and walnuts.

RECIPE: HERE

Verdict: B+

No comments: