Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Half-Assed Strawberry-Avocado Salad

I rarely blog about my lunches because quite frankly, they usually suck. But this was pretty good...

Ingredients:
  • Balsamic vinaigrette dressing (just some oil and balsamic vinegar thrown in together)

  • Diced up strawberries left to sit in the salad dressing overnight

  • Chopped up spinach

  • Walnuts

  • One dreamy avocado, scooped out seductively with each bite


Throw it all together. Eat. Marvel at the wonder that is the avocado. And then blog a little letter to it later, telling it how you feel:

Avocado, you rock my world. You make me tingle. You are sexy and smooth and suave and a bit feisty. You are the Strokes of the fruit world. I wanna marry you and have your babies. We will make sweet sweet glorious love for all the world to see because they're naughty like that too. Avocado, I heart you.

Seriously though, eating avocado always makes me feel naughty (and the combination of juicy, dripping strawberries didn't help any). I swear to you, it is the only food that actually has an aphrodisiacal (is that a word?) effect on me--sooooooooooooooo not good in the workplace. But if you ever wanna woo me into the sack, all you've gotta do is spend $1 at the Westside Market and you've got yourself a good start.

No comments: