Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Smmmfjinx and Plosystix

Man, it feels like forever since I've blogged here. I *have* been eating. Promise. But I've been busy with so much other stuff that I haven't been finding time to indulge my kitchen the way it deserves to be indulged. And BOY does it deserve to be indulged. *ROWR* And lately, alcohol seems to want to be taking the place of my dinners, so if I were to be 100% honest with you all, my dinner menus would look something like this:

Sunday night: Fritos and a 1/2 pitcher of margaritas;

Friday night: chips & guacamole and a margarita and beer and beer and beer.

What I'm saying is: I'm on a cleanse. A full-fledged, alcohol cleanse. Screw that crazy lemonade-cayenne pepper deal. Who can turn down the All Alcohol All the Time Cleanse??*

Which reminds me: We *DID* have our first Cleveland Veganz drinking night this past Friday, and I *DID* get down and dirty in my kitchen for that, whipping up the following reruns which received a warm reception:

And I really was motherf-ing thrilled that the drinking night went as well as it did. I got to meet a lot of fantastic people. But I won't bore you. You can read more about it on the Cleveland Veganz blog. UNLESS YOU'RE JUST LAZY.

And I *DO* actually have a recipe for you. *Screams and wild applause* Oh shit! No I don't. Ha ha ha. Psych! I actually only have pictures for you. And I probably won't have any more recipes for the rest of the week. But please don't stop loving me. I promise I'll post a wealth of recipes next week. Just as long as you keep loving me. Please. I don't know what I'll do without your love.



Eggplant Curry from The Candle Cafe Cookbook:

Quite good, although I WILL say that, if you decide to try out the recipe, you should DEFINITELY do the whole salt & drain eggplant deal, b/c the original recipe doesn't call for it, but my curry (albeit good) was really damn bitter. PS. I also made alleged "naan," also pictured above. The right hand side is what happens when you put them into the broiler and then get hypnotized by some hot ass-crack-tazer action on Cops.



And again: I don't remember what the hell this was called, but it's from
Garden of Vegan and contained chickpeas, broccoli, peppers, green beans, msarhsplf, smmmfjinx, and losystix. Mmm hmmm. (Translation: I forgot that I made this recipe. I forgot that I had pics of this recipe. And I forgot what the hell was in this recipe. Translation of translation: This recipe really wasn't all that.)









----------
*Ah, but I kid. No worries, my faithful readers. I am not a rabid alcoholic. I mostly just kid. I kid because I love. And I love because I'm drunk. Yeah.

No comments: