Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Melt Bar & Grilled

So in lieu of recipes today, I have a new restaurant for all you Cleveland Vegans to check out if you haven't already:



Apparently there's a restaurant called Melt Bar & Grilled in Lakewood (which I'd heard of before but not really given much thought to since it specializes in grilled cheeses which, well, typically aren't real vegan friendly, given the fact that the focal point of grilled cheese is usually, um, CHEESE--you following me here?). But apparently IT'S VEGAN FRIENDLY!! I have yet to check it out, but I've heard nothing but good things: fantastic sandwiches, great atmosphere, and an excellent beer selection.

So get the hell over there and check it out. And then report back to me as to what you thought of it. And/or fricking be generous and buy ME some vegan sandwiches so I can draw my own conclusion.

Anyways, here's the info on what they have that's vegan, straight from the owner/chef of Melt:



Hello, Lindy Loo,

We actually have alot of great selections that are vegan. All our vegetable based sandwiches can be made with vegan cheese or without cheese. The mushroom melt, roasted veggie sandwich and peanut butter and banana can all be made vegan.

We have a 3 bean vegetarian chili and roasted garlic tomato soup on our menu everyday which are both vegan. We also make a daily soup which is sometimes vegan. Our fried tofu starter and all our salads can be vegan.

So as you can see, we have many vegan options. Let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks!!

Matt Fish


FOLLOW-UP (REGARDING THE MARGARINE THEY USE):


Hello, Lindy Loo,

The margarine that we use is exclusively vegan all the time. It is a total vegetable based product.

Glad you had a chance to come and check out the restaurant. Also very glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself and your food.

Let me know if I can help in any other way.

Thanks
Matt Fish

Melt Bar and Grilled
14718 Detroit Avenue
Lakewood, Ohio 44107
216-226-3699
Website & Menu

No comments: