Wednesday, December 12, 2007

VwaV Chocolate Chip Cookies




When I told my friend Mo recently that I've had INSANE cravings for sugar lately, she said "It's because you haven't gotten laid in a while. You just need to get laid, and problem solved."

Easy 'nuff.

But since *that* hasn't panned out quite yet, I instead spent last Friday baking just a wee bit shy of three dozen VwaV chocolate chip cookies, and then nearly plowed my way through all of them. By myself. I guess it's sort of the equivalent of cookie masturbation or something.

But damn--if this is what cookie-'bation tastes like, then 'bate me the hell up! Because these are some damn good, freakishly tasty, deliciously molassesey cookies.

And if you're not into the whole self-love thing (For shame! To quote Woody Allen: "Don't knock masturbation; it's sex with someone I love..."), then they *could* very well GET you laid. When I made these a couple weeks ago, I watched a boy plow through 10 of them within two hours. TEN of them.

Again: nuff said.

So my advice is this: If you haven't gotten laid lately, strip down to your skivvies (or to the skin-suit you were born in) and whip these babies up. They may not be as good as sex, but then again, they're not gonna roll over and fall asleep two minutes after you've done the deed.* And for that reason alone: priceless.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 c. vegan margarine, at room temp

  • 1 1/4 c. sugar

  • 1 T. molasses

  • 2 t. vanilla extract

  • 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour

  • 1 t. baking soda

  • 1 t. salt

  • 1 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS

Preheat the oven to 350 F.

Cream the margarine and sugar with a hand mixer (or by hand) until fluffy. Add the molasses and vanilla and incorporate.

Add the dry ingredients to this mixture and mix until a dough forms. Fold the chocolate chips into the dough.

Roll dough into 1 inch balls or drop by tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until mildly browned. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Then transfer to cooling racks, cool and enjoy!

(As reposted at Recipezaar)


----------
* I must admit, I've never actually had a boy do this, so either it's a big fat stereotype or I'm just really really good in the sack. Perhaps a bit of both. Perhaps. A. Bit. Of. Both.

No comments: