Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Barefoot and in the Kitchen, Stroking My Fine Fine Avocados (Kidding About the Last Part--OR AM I???)

So seriously: avocado = lady boner. I know we've gone over this before, but it bears repeating. If ever you are trying to get into my pants without wanting to deal with that whole clumsy dance of flirtation and whatnot, avocado is the key. I love it. It makes me tingly in my flowery nether-regions. It's the only food that has even the remotest aphrodisiacal effects on me (particularly avocado sushi--unghgghhghgh)...

I am slow sometimes, so it hadn't previously dawned on me that you could use the avocado AS A SALAD-DRESSING and it would still be all sexy and svelte and velvety and like having someone run their tongue up the inside of your thighs. But lo and behold, apparently that's the case.

How did I find that out? Well, Kristen, my Cleveland Veganz cohort, lent me a copy of Vol. 4 of Barefoot and in the Kitchen, and there's a recipe in it for a Three-Bean Salad with Avocado Vinaigrette. And ungh. Ungh ungh pant and ungh.




It's actually quite the good and simple salad. (Though I must admit, I'm realiziing I'm not too huge a fan of the green bean/vinegar combination for some reason. And I hate raw onions, so I don't know why I keep putting them in to recipes only to spend a gratuitously long time picking them all back out at lunch. But nonetheless: the velvety avocado definitely makes up for it.)

Alas, I will not be posting the recipe here, but I definitely recommend checking her zine out. So far I think she has 4 volumes, and it's really quite the enjoyable read. Not only are there interesting recipes, but she's really fucking irreverent and funny. (If you like THIS blog, you'll like her zine.)

You can buy the zine HERE, or you can check out her myspace page HERE.



And just for the record, I know I've mentioned this before as well, but since no one ever takes me seriously apparently:

I *AM* always accepting avocado donations. Any way, shape, or form.

No comments: