Monday, January 22, 2007

Happy Anniversary to Me!

I was gonna post my vegan-salmon pics and recipes today, but then I remembered:

TODAY'S MY VEGAN ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY!

So the veg-salmon will just have to wait until tomorrow.

In honor of this day, I've decided to post my Top 10 Recipes I Just Can't Live Without from my first year of veganism.

So here goes...

Sweet Potato/Black Bean Corn Tortilla Wraps

(I only made this once, but it was good enough to haunt my memory with its sweet sweet taste--I look forward to the day I cook it again.)




Vegan Mushroom Paprikash

(This rings of some serious old-school home-cooking, so I am particualry proud of this one since I veganized it myself while keeping it seriously yummy and hearty. And it ended up damn good--enough so that E's already requested that I make it for him for his b-day this year.)




Autumn Harvest Stew

(This stuff was STARTLINGLY tasty--bursting with flavor, beautifully colorful, and hearty hearty hearty. I also look forward to making this again.)




Rosemary and Hazelnut Encrusted Seitan

(Well, hell. I had to include ONE of E's masterful dishes, and I can think of none better right now. I've raved about it to you all about 1500 times before, so I won't say much more than MMMMM. ROSEMARY AND HAZELNUT ENCRUSTED SEITAN. ARGHLGHLGHGLHGLGHL.)




Junior Gems

(I've made these multiple times over the holidays, and they are SO FRICKING GOOD. Just the right amount of squishiness, gingeriness, and oozy gooey frosting.)




Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

(So good. All I can say. Make them.)




Orange You Glad They're Double-Chocolate Cookies

(This is my own recipe as well, so I kinda felt obligated to include it. I heart orange and chocolate, and when I need a serious chocolate-fix, this is the chocolate I run to.)




Vegan Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Nut Cookies

(You've heard me rave about these like 1500 times as well, so I'll spare you. If you haven't made them by this point based on my vociferous recommendations, I may just have to hunt you down and force-feed you them.)




Chocolate Bread-Pudding with Rum Sauce

(Yeah, it's kind of a holiday-dish. But f- that, you can eat this baby ANY time of year, it's that good.)




Avocado Sorbet

(I only ever made this once, and not only was it delish, but it also satisfied my libidic love of avocados. You must try.)

No comments: