Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Vegan Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Nut Cookies



Yeah, so the baking-ban was short-lived, though only out of necessity really--it's another coworker's b-day today, and she always makes sure to bring me in a little sumthin'-sumthin' on my b-day (that sounds way dirtier than I'd intended--or even would ever WANT it--to be), and since she loves when I bring in bakery, I figured I'd whip her up some cookies. Thankfully the break in the baking-boycott was a successful one, otherwise I might've seriously become bitter against all things egg-replacer and vanilla extract.

I am cheap and didn't feel like running out to the grocery store and buying vegan baking "butter" (it's fricking $3.49 at my grocery store), so I managed to track down *this* recipe, which made me happy since I had nearly all of the ingredients at home already.

These are a cinch to make, and as one of the reviewers on the recipe page stated, they have quite a bit of "fluff" to them, which is for the most part a-typical when it comes to vegan cookies. They are subtly sweet and both crunchy (walnuts) and chewy (glorious glorious cookie dough), and I had to exert some MAJOR self-control yesterday to not consume the majority of them and leave my coworker with a measly two cookies sitting lonesomely in a dish. I recommend.

RECIPE: Here

VERDICT: A

No comments: