Thursday, February 14, 2008

Memed

Six interesting things about myself that you don't already know... (I think I may have memed this before, so I'm trying to think of new ones.) Oof. Difficult. Hopefully none of you read my regular blog, in which case I might actually be able to get away with these.

  • When bored while peeing at work, I sometimes pee-race whomever else is in the restroom. This entails trying to expel all my pee before their tinkle noises end. There is no trophy, but it nonetheless provides about 45 seconds worth of entertainment.


  • My cats are named after my favorite book: Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger.


  • I used to be a poet. (I say "used to" because I have only written sporadically over the past 4 years or so.)


  • I heart Philip Seymour-Hoffman. I don't know why this popped into my head, but I really do. If I could be any actor, I think I would choose to be him.


  • I don't celebrate Valentine's Day, and I tell people that I don't celebrate Valentine's day, but secretly, I like it.


  • I made "Valentine's Day Songs for the Cynical Lover" mixes for all the people I heart and passed them along today. This is the tracklist:

    1. Spinster--Joan Jett
    2. Is You Is or Is You Ain't My Baby--Anita O'Day
    3. The Most Beautiful Girl in the Room--Flight of the Conchords
    4. Pretend Love--The Avett Brothers
    5. Here Comes My Baby--Cat Stevens
    6. By Your Side--Cocorosie
    7. I Am a Teardrop--Joe Dickinson
    8. Since I Fell for You--Nina Simone
    9. Diamond Mind--Rasputina
    10. Tear Stained Letter--Johnny Cash
    11. Blue Valentine--Tom Waits
    [If your track 12 by chance shows up, it's Fuck and Run--Liz Phair]
    13. My Darling, I've Forgotten--Of Montreal
    14. Love is Wicked--Mason Jennings
    15. People in Love--Art Brut
    16. Razorblade--The Strokes
    17. My Baby's Got Sauce--G. Love & Special Sauce
    18. We'd Get On--Kate Nash
    19. Never There--Cake
    20. The Sweater--Cadell Meryn
    21. Creep--Richard Cheese
    22. Instant Pleasure--Rufus Wainwright
    23. This Piece of Poetry is Meant to Do Harm--The Ark
    24. Cry to Me--Solomon Burke
    25. Yes, I Guess They Oughta Name a Drink After You--John Prine
    26. A Kiss is Not a Contract--Flight of the Conchords
    27. I'll Shoot the Moon--Tom Waits

(Thanks to Chile for meme-ing me. I'd meme someone else in return, but some people don't like to be memed--this sounds so naughty--so I'll just let you meme yourself if you'd like.)

No comments: