Thursday, March 12, 2009

Speaking of Breadmakers...

My mom got me one for my birthday, and I love it already, for the simple reason that it means NO MORE KNEADING!

Consequently, I made pizza this past weekend to see what it would be like to not find myself cussing under my breath for 10 minutes.

And apparently the answer is: soapy and kind of chemically.

I have no clue why, but despite my dough being the perfect consistency, it was weirdly soapy tasting. Like yeast if yeast were an angry Bruce Banner of the tongue:



I'm not sure why it was so weirdly soapy and uber-yeasty tasting unless my yeast was funk, but I ate it anyways, trepidatiously the first day (worrying that I would die a "death by pizza") but less so the next day when I was still living.

Regardless: I recommend the topping combo. I snagged the idea from Web of Life which is the only place I've ever had vegan bbq chicken pizza. And I have to say: I liked mine just as much as theirs.

There's no actual recipe, but here's what was on it: vegan "chicken" browned in a pan, caramelized onions, bbq sauce, and vegan cheddar.



Just steer clear of soapy yeast.

No comments: