Thursday, October 02, 2008

When Hummus Goes Bad


A woman I work with brought me in an enormous bag of fresh dill from her garden a couple weeks ago, which is what prompted the baking of the Fucking Motherfuck, which didn't even put a dent in the amount of dill stuffed in my fridge. So when I realized that it was going to take quite a bit of dill-recipes to use up my enormous bag of dill, I decided to whip up some dill hummus as well.

Now, I've met a boy. His name is N-A. He has a nearly perfectly round head, has mad skillz in nearly EVERY artistic genre, and hates it when I flick his nipples (while also secretly loving it). Consequently, I've been a bit distracted lately.

So when I'm not forgetting to take pictures, I'm misplacing recipes. Case in point is this hummus.

When I make hummus, I tend to make a thick, non-oily hummus, one that's moreso close to a pate--it's a throwback to my days at OU where I'd gorge on the local bagel shop's hummus bagels which were basically just thickly-mashed chickpeas. And it actually was pretty damn good. But unfortunately I haven't a clue where the recipe is.

So all I can tell you is

a) this hummus isn't real photogenic (as you can see from this pic),

b) this hummus has an attitude problem about the fact that it's none too sexy on film (as you can ALSO see from this pic), and

c) basically you can replicate this hummus by whipping up any generic hummus recipe, cutting back on the oil significantly, adding in one roasted red pepper, and tossing a handful of fresh minced dill into the mix.

Voila: ugly roasted red pepper & dill hummus.

Oh, and VEGANMOFO!

No comments: