Though it's long past, I'm finally posting a couple recipes that she whipped up for us for Easter. (We don't really celebrate Easter--we just use it as an excuse to get available sibs together and eat lots of food.)
Both of these were simple and delish.
VEGAN PEANUT NOODLES
- 8 oz. linguine
- 1/3 c. lowat creamy peanut butter
- 2 T. soy sauce
- 1.5 T. rice wine vinegar
- 1 to 2 t. chile paste w/garlic
- 1/2 t. sugar
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 3/4 c. seeded cucumber
- 3 scallions, diagonally sliced in 1/4" pieces to make 1/4 c.
- 2 t. chopped cilantro (or favorite seasoning)
- lime juice
Cook linguine & drain.
Combine peanut butter with 1/4 cup water, soy sauce, vinegar & chile paste in blender & blend to consistency of cream.
Add linguine and vegetables.
Sprinkle with cilantro and lime.
- 12 oz couscous, dried
- 2.5 c. vegetable stock
- 1 T. vegan margarine
- 1 T. chopped fresh parsley (or basil or herb of choice)
- 1 T. lemon zest
- 1 T. vegan parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c. diced, dried apricots
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
Steam the couscouse: Bring stock & vegan margarine to a boil, then remove from heat. Add couscous to liquid, stir and cover for 5 minutes.
Fold in parsley, lemon zest, parmesan & apricots. Season, then finish with sea salt.
(makes 4 servings)
(recipe from Rocco Whalen of Fahrenheit restaurant)