Thursday, April 24, 2008

Fire-Roasted Tomato Pumpkin Sauce


For some reason, (what I think was) Creed's only quote from last week's episode of The Office has been popping into my head all day and making me grin: "When Pam gets Michael's old chair, I get Pam's old chair. Then I'll have two chairs. Only one to go."

He is so creepy and the comment is just so inexplicably menacing that it delights me.

Anyways, this is "portabella mushroom cap grilled on my hubcap topped with angel hair and Celine's fire-roasted tomato pumpkin sauce." Portobella mushroom: juicy and plump. Sauce: delish... sweet with a hint of autumn from the pumpkin.

I am easily distracted today, so I'm not gonna yammer on about this recipe much more than that.

Oh, and I used diced tomatoes because my stupid grocer doesn't carry fire-roasted whole.

Oh, and I tossed some fresh basil on top. Its sweetness complimented the pumpkin well.

Your mom.



FIRE-ROASTED TOMATO PUMPKIN SAUCE

INGREDIENTS:
  • 28 oz. can fire-roasted Muir Glen whole tomatoes, mostly drained

  • 1/2 c. pumpkin puree

  • 1 big garlic clove, pressed

  • 1 t. onion powder

  • big pinch cumin powder

  • big pinch oregano powder

  • generous amount freshly ground black pepper, or to taste

  • 1 T. chili powder

DIRECTIONS

Place everything in a medium saucepan, squeezing the tomatoes as you put them in (or if you use diced, just put them in). Heat until it starts bubbling a little, then lower heat. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
Serves about 4.

(recipe from Have Cake, Will Travel)

No comments: