Monday, September 10, 2007

Best Vegan Brownies Ever


This recipe is for when all you ladies who's gonna be poppin' out my babies get an insatiable craving for brownies and pickles... HELLS YES!

*SHOUTOUT TO MY HOES, SUE AND EMMIE! WAVING MY HANDS IN THE AIR LIKE I JUST DON'T CARE, BUT I DO BECAUSE WHO'S YO' DADDY? I'M YO DADDY!*

Anyways, these are, in fact, as yummy of brownies as the rumors that have been swirling around about them proclaim. Mine were strangely cake-like in consistency (and crumbly) but tasted devilishly like brownies in flavor. I chalk this up to the fact that I don't have any glass brownie-pans (just one more thing I don't have room for in my kitchen). So I baked them in a casserole dish of the same size. They still were delish though.

Oh, I *DID* leave out the nuts though (because us independent bitches and hoes don't need nuts and cocks to live--WUSSUP!), so perhaps the overwhelming lack of maleness in the brownies caused them to self-destruct after all. I topped them with Soy Dream vanilla ice cream, which I must say, tastes way too inexplicably like children's aspirin (TOFUTTI ROCKS HARDER! WORD!).

Nonetheless: pickles and brownies, ladies. That's what my babies like going into their bellies. Yes yes... In fact, that's what I like in my belly too, so get barefoot and toss on that apron and WHIP ME SOME UP! *belching and itching my beer belly*

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1/2 c. canola oil (or veggie--I used veggie)

  • 1/2 c. maple syrup

  • 1/4 c. soymilk

  • 1.5 t. vanilla

  • 1 c. unbleached white flour

  • 1/2 c. cocoa powder

  • 1/2 c. cup sugar

  • 1 t. baking powder

  • 1/2 t. salt

  • 1/2 c. semi/sweet chocolate chips

  • 1/2 c. chopped walnuts (optional)

INSTRUCTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil an 8 inch square GLASS pan.

Put the oil, maple syrup , soy milk and vanilla in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder and salt. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture with a rubber spatula. Don’t overmix.
Fold in the chocolate chips (and nuts, if you bow to the patriarchy).

Put the batter in the pan and spread it out evenly. Bake for 35 minutes.

Don't overbake.

Cool before cutting.

Serve with pickles.

(Original recipe from The Vivacious Vegan originally from other sources)

No comments: