Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Cookies n' Rum Pudding


So I made this pudding the other week from scratch. And then I decided that I wasn't sure I liked it. So then I let it sit in the fridge for a week without touching it. And then I decided perhaps I should just throw it away. But then I felt guilty. So then I decided to try one more bite and if it was completely nast, THEN I'd not feel so bad throwing it away. So then I had a bite. And then I realized, hey, this shit is good. Not perfect, but good. So then I decided to throw some oreos in to make it better than good, though still one step below perfect.

And voila. Cookies n' rum pudding.

I will warn you though--it tastes a bit heavy on the booze. And it has a WEE bit of a chalky aftertaste (but for some reason, this seems to ALWAYS be the way when you make desserts with tofu--at least from my experience). But take that as you may--in the moment, with the ooey goopy cookie-ish liquored-up sweet chocolatey-yumtasticness in your mouth, it's all good.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 cube Mori-Nu firm silken tofu

  • 3/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips

  • 1 T. cocoa

  • 1 T. agave nectar

  • 2 T. rum (this makes it pretty potent though, so you light-weights may wanna halve-it)

  • 1 t. vanilla

  • 9 or so vegan oreo cookies (or some sorta chocolate vegan wafer-cookie)

DIRECTIONS

Toss the tofu in a food processer and process the shit out of it, until it's nice and smooth.

Melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips, somehow or another (I just used a low-flame on the stove). Add them to the tofu once completely melted and process again until thoroughly mixed.

Add all other ingredients to the tofu, except for the oreos and process until blended once more.

Add about 6 or 7 oreos to the tofu-mix and blend until oreos are demolished and fully mixed in. Smash up the remaining oreos into larger chunks and mix in with a spoon (to give it a bit of chunky texture).

Refrigerate for a week (kidding--just a few hours or so should be fine) and chow down.

Serves 2 if you eat the way I eat.

No comments: