Monday, June 19, 2006

Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Pancakes


Last Thursday night, upon realizing that I was sorely lacking in the food department at my apartment, I decided I'd whip up some chocolate-chip pancakes for dinner. While flipping through Vegan with a Vengeance for their standard pancake recipe, I happened across the recipe for Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Pancakes and thought, holy crap! Why just have chocolate-chip pancakes when you could have chocolate-chocolate chip pancakes?!?

So I whipped these babies up.

I actually was a bit leery of the recipe initially after whipping everything together because the batter was rather bitter and unsweet for pancakes. And then when I went to grill them up, they cooked super-fricking fast on the stove, looking almost burnt within a matter of seconds (presumably from all the chocolate in them--chocolate burns quickly as I'm sure you know). So they didn't end up looking very attractive--the fact that they were a dark brown anyways from the chocolate just made them look even MORE burnt when they were all done.

But damn were they good. Ugly perhaps, but I definitely recommend the recipe. And throw some fresh bananas on top of that shit, and you will think you just won the lottery or something.

No comments: