Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My Quinoa Pussy is Your Quinoa Pussy!


It's quinoa-y. It's pussy-licious. It's the ppk's quinoa puttanesca. And I done licked that quinoa pussy DRY!

Seriously though: this dish was fairly easy to whip (tee hee) up. And it was relatively tasty (though I must admit: it didn't blow me (tee hee) away). The only problem I had with my quinoa pussy is that it didn't end up quite so... um... well-lubricated with tomatoey juices as the one pictured on the ppk. But that's ok. I think I would've liked a juicier, slicker quinoa pussy, but I'll just have to tackle that again in the near future.

QUINOA PUTTENESCA - THE QUINOA OF WHORES

  • 2 to 3 cups cooked quinoa*

  • 1 tablespoon olive oil

  • 3 cloves garlic, chopped

  • 1 teaspoon thyme

  • 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

  • generous pinch each tarragon and marjoram

  • 1/4 cup white wine

  • 1/2 cup kalamata olives, roughly chopped (sliced in half is great)

  • 1/2 cup capers

  • 20 ounce can crushed tomatoes

  • fresh black pepper

DIRECTIONS
Preheat a sauce pot over medium heat. Add the oil and garlic and stir for about a minute, being careful not to burn the garlic. Add herbs, spices and wine; cook for about a minute.

Add olives, capers and tomatoes. Cook for about 15 minutes. Serve either by scooping quinoa into individual bowls and pouring the sauce over it or just mix everything into a bowl together and reserving a little sauce to pour over each serving.

*Mix one cup dry quinoa with 2 cups water, bring to a boil then lower heat and cook uncovered for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until grain is tender and water has been absorbed.

Serves 4

(recipe from the ppk blog)

No comments: