Thursday, December 21, 2006

Merry Holidays!

Ladies & Gents:

Today is the last day you will be (presumably) delightfully devouring my recipes until the New Year, as I have next week off from work. But I do plan on returning with so many new recipes to talk about that you may just explode. So prepare yourself.

Until then, a sneak preview of what I shall be making over the next few days:

For my X-mas Party this Saturday:

For E's family:

For my family gathering:

And before I bid thee adieu, I thought I'd also leave you with my list of the top four things you should make for your friends and family this holiday season (in no particular order):

  1. Chocolate Bread Pudding with Rum Sauce--it was just so damn good that I've been thinking about it with longing at least once every day since I made it;

  2. Vegan Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Nut Cookies--I've honestly never made anything quite so popular as these. I've had requests from E's sister, his mom, and himself to bake these for the holiday season. Both E's sister and his parents have declared them one of their absolute favorite homemade cookies;

  3. Junior Gems--these are super-easy and yet look impressive because of the frosting. And they're really just too damn tasty not to make. Plus, the gingeriness gives the ring of X-mas;

  4. And last, but not least, the Peppermint Patty Nanaimo Bars I blogged about earlier this week--these are also damn simple and require no baking. And they are uber-Christmasy, what with their mega-peppermintiness. And despite the fact that the recipe doesn't make an assload, they are super-rich, so they'll go the distance and please everyone.

Anyways, I hope if you end up making any of these, that you enjoy them. Until then, happy holidays to you all, and happy cooking! See you in the New Year!

No comments: