However, I *have* been finding time to have other folks cook for me instead. A few weekends back, my friend dorklepork had us over for vegan BLT's, homemade guac and black-bean dip, and the homemade avocado ice cream that inspired this undertaking. I didn't take pictures though, unfortunately.
But this weekend, she cooked out for us (hence my contribution of the roasted couscous and cranberry salad), and I *did* have enough wherewithall to take pics. So although I have no recipes for you, I do have a gorgeous food porn pic for you to drool over.
And I do have this to say: strawberries grilled with a bit of maple syrup are *amazingly* fricking good.
- Grilled fruit (strawberries, bananas, peaches, pears, mango, and nectarines)
- Marinated tofu (dorklepork's special recipe--all we can tell you without having to kill you afterwards is that it has a peanut-butter base and is *damn* fricking good)
- My roasted couscous and cranberry salad
- An apple-salad (also dorklepork's special recipe--something along the lines of apples, celery, cilantro, and tabasco, though more special because it was made with love... and probably some other ingredients that I've failed to mention here)
- Grilled corn with lime (inspired by Fat-free vegan--really good fresh corn and a bit of tangy lime is about the best damn thing you'll taste at a cookout)