Well, touché, friends. Touché.
Because my mom TYPED UP AND EMAILED ME EVERY SINGLE ONE OF HER VEGANIZED THANKSGIVING RECIPES TODAY, so rather than spread them out over four days, I am just gonna blow your mind with them ALL IN THE SAME POST.
In yo' face, 4-times over!!!!!
(And seriously--isn't she a goddess??)
VEGAN GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
- 16 oz green beans cooked or steamed then drained
- 8 0z container of tofutti, and
- 1/2-3/4 c. soy milk
- 1 T. of hummus (or more to your taste )
- (if mix is too runny you can add a tsp of flour to thicken slightly)
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Large can of Durkees french fried onions
instead of one can cream of mushroom soup:
Scoop cream cheez into a bowl and add 1/2 to 3/4 cup soy milk to it gradually, stirring each time to avoid it lumping.
Combine all ingredients but 1/2 can of the onions in a 2-quart baking dish.
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees..25-30 minutes..
Add rest of the onions as topping & continue baking 5 more minutes.
VEGAN STUFFED SHROOMS
- 16 large mushrooms
- 1 T. olive oil
- 3 T. dry sherry or white wine
- 1/4 c. finely chopped parsley if desired
- 1 T. vegan parmesan
- 1 T. unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1 clove finely minced garlic
- 1/4 t. dried thyme
- 1/4 t. oregano
- salt & pepper (or my mom used equivalent of Mrs Dash & seasoned to taste)
375 degrees..15-20 minutes.. 13 x 9 pan..cooking spray
Finely chop stems. Set caps aside.
Combine oil with wine. Reserve 2 T. of oil/wine mixture. Pour 2 T. of oil/wine mixture into 8" skillet & warm over low-medium heat. Saute stems six minutes until mix is dry. Add finely chopped parsley, cheese, crumbs & seasonings. Remove from heat. Stir in wine.
Spoon mix into caps using teaspoon.
Spray a 13x9 baking pan, and place a single layer of mushrooms inside.
Bake 15-20 minutes.
Halfway thru baking, brush caps w/remaining oil/wine mixture.
VEGAN APPLE CRISP
- 4 apples cored/pared cut into cubes
- 3/4 t. lemon juice
- 1/2 c. granulated or 1/4 c. brown sugar
- dash cinnamon
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/4 c. + 2 T. flour
- 1/4 t. cinnamon
- 3 T. butter (Earth Balance)
Preheat oven to 350F.
Mix apple cubes with lemon juice.
Add half of the sugar, dash of cinnamon and water.
Place in lightly greased 1 quart baking dish.
Mix dry ingredients cutting in butter with whisk or fork.
Sprinkle over top of apples.
Bake 30 minutes.
VEGAN SWEET POTATO CAKE
- 1 c. butter (Earth Balance)
- 2 c. granulated sugar
- substitute for 4 large eggs (for each egg, my mom used 1/4 cup well mashed tofu + 1/4-1/2 tsp baking powder--so I guess that would be 1 c. well-mashed tofu and 1-2 t. baking powder)
- 2-1/2 c. cooked mashed sweet potatoes
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 t. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream vegan margarine and sugars in a large bowl. Add tofu and baking powder gradually, mixing well to minimize lumps. Add cooked well mashed lump-free sweet potatoes.
In a medium bowl, mix dry ingredients.
Combine dry ingredients with sweet potato mixture, stirring into a stiff batter.
You may add pecans at this point.
Pour into a well-greased baking pan (13 x 9 or loaf pan).
Bake for one hour if 13 x9.
If using loaf pan check after one hour using toothpick to make sure center done.
Sprinkle top w/chopped nuts if desired during the last 5-10 mins baking.
Cooking times may vary slightly.
Let cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or top with a vegan cream cheez frosting if desired. (I used leftover vegan cream cheez frosting with some of the leftovers, and it was DELISH!)