Thursday, November 15, 2007

Not a Recipe, Unless You're Looking to Bake a Lindy Loo

I am feeling recipe-lazy today, so instead I'm following the lovely and brainy (mmm, brains) DEOTS's lead and surveying. TAKE THAT!



1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
Soy milk. I like to milk me some soy-boobies. *Squirt squirt squirt*

2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
Hmmm. I am planning on making vegan paprikash for my post-T-day smorgasborG, a lasagna for T-day, and chocolate bread pudding, because good god do I love that shit.

3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
I don't like popcorn. I got a piece stuck in the back of my throat way back in the day when I was seeing Short Circuit in the theater with my mom, and ever since then, we've been arch-enemies. Sidenote: Remember when Steve Guttenberg seemed dreamy and not just horrifying? Those were the days.

4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
Maybe the Chicago Diner burger fiasco or the uber-greasy brownies of death from Vegan Planet.

5. Favorite pickled item?
A nice crisp dill.

6. How do you organize your recipes?
Organization? What's that?

7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
I was composting for a while until our compost heap was disbanded. Now trash, or the occasional veg scraps left out for the neighborhood groundhog.

8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)?
Avocado
Vegan "tuna" salad
Peanut Butter Cannonballs

9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
Paprikash cooked for us by request on our birthdays

10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
Tofutti Chocolate Cookie Crunch

11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
My half-melted toaster. Which is not really used for cooking anything, but I heart toast.

12. Spice/herb you would die without?
Basil--I don't think I could deal with not being able to rub its leaves and then inhale inhale inhale the glorious scent off my fingertips.

13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
The giant white vegetarian one whose name I do not remember.

14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
Raspberry.

15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Oooh, anything cookie-related (or desserty) really. I just like the whole, "This is *vegan*??" response.

16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
Oof. A tie between seitan and tofu. They both rock me in the sack in very good, but different, ways.

17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
Dinner. At night (der). Nekkid.

18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
My microwave. A large plastic punch bowl. A wheezy plant that just does NOT want to live like a normal plant. A shitty fire extinguisher. A large chip-bowl. Loose peanuts. Dust. Vegetable oil. A canister-y type thing. A Groucho Marx nose/eyeglass/moustache set.

19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Really old green beans. Freezer-burnt ice. Vegan "lamb" from the Asian market.

20. What's on your grocery list?
Right now: parchment paper, frozen green beans, french onions, macaroni, fake meat crumbles, soy milk, sweet taters, onions, garlic, mushrooms, vegan mushroom soup, cat food, vegan sour cream, "chicken" chunks, vegan parmesan.

21. Favorite grocery store?
Nature's Bin.

22. Name a recipe you'd love to veganize, but haven't yet.
Shit! Ummmmmmm. Pretty much anything non-vegan in the Veg Times, just to prove that they COULD offer an easily-veganized version of it. But other than that, probably the lasagna I plan on making for T-day.

23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa's because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
Have Cake Will Travel--because it makes my eyes happy
Don't Eat Off the Sidewalk--because I want her to eat my brains, *growr*
Vegan Yum Yum--also because it makes my eyes happy

24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
The Nussnougat that Nicole sent me. Holy crap is that shit good. I dream about it sometimes. And it's always scantily clad and flying. And then I realize I'm nekkid and that I'm late for a test.

25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
The blood of a hundred vegan virgins.

No comments: