Tuesday, August 21, 2007

VeganYumYum's Cappellini in Fresh Tomato Cream Sauce


This weekend was pasta-gorging weekend. I just couldn't get enough it. I ate it for like 4 meals. I made some for the week. I bathed in some, rubbed some of it all over my hairy 'pits. I even formed some into the shape of a puppy and named it Rover and then took it for a walk. THAT'S the kind of pasta-y weekend it was.

One of the pasta dishes I made was VeganYumYum's Capellini in Fresh Tomato Cream Sauce which was *delectable*. I made a double-batch of it, and for some reason didn't have any of the clumping issues she mentioned. The sauce was nice and thin, the way I like my sauce (and my ladies--ok, not really; I like 'em big and brilliant). And it was really a cinch to whip up.

I ended up serving mine with a little bit of chopped tomato and voulez-voused basil on top. And motherf-ing-A did I enjoy it.

Make some this weekend, pack a bit of it into your panties (or boxers), and see if *you* don't find yourself in ecstasy as well...

INGREDIENTS:
  • 8 Small Tomatoes, quartered

  • 1 t. Salt

  • 1 t. Italian Herbs of your choice

  • 6 T. Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese

  • 2 T. Earth Balance

  • 2 T. Nutritional Yeast

  • 6 Cloves Garlic, optional

DIRECTIONS
Cook up your spaghetts, cappellini, angel hair, whatever noodle you choose. Drain, and set aside.

Whiz your tomatoes around in your blender until it becomes as smooth as it’s going to get. Add remaining ingredients and blend again until well combined. Add mixture to a skillet over medium heat. Once you start to see it bubble, you’re going to have to stir it fairly constantly so it doesn’t burn.

Cook it until the tomatoes lose their raw taste, which shouldn’t take too long, about 10 minutes.

Add pasta directly to the sauce, right in the skillet there on the stove. Mix well and serve immediately topped with lots of freshly cracked black pepper (or basil and diced tomatoes).

If this dish sits after the sauce is added, it’ll clump up a bit. It’ll still be tasty, but the noodles will stick together. It’s best if you time it so you can serve it immediately. That should be pretty easy to do since the pasta cooks so quickly–just have it be the last part of your meal that you prepare.

(Original recipe from VeganYumYum)

1 comment:

Bird and Boy Photography said...

This looks so yummy as well. I am going to try all of your recipes. I just started my own blog so I will try out some of these and link back to you :)