Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Creamy Roasted Chipotle Soup


I eat soup ALL the fricking time for lunch, mostly just because it's really quick to whip up a batch on the weekend, and typically soup recipes make an assload so it typically lasts me through the week.

At some point, I think I'll grow sick of eating them for lunch though (especially since I favor tomato-based soups, and there's only so many you can make before you start feeling like you're gonna blorf up acidic tomatoes all over your desk), but for now, I'm digging on them, partially because of the ease-factor and partially because it's been helping me eat healthier during the week and be more aware of my portion sizes, which I've been trying to do (because I can easily polish off half a large pizza with no problem, just as an example--and it's been making my insides feel gooey and bojiggly and coagulated as of late). So soup to the rescue.

I'm officially sick of roasted soups though, I will tell you that. This will probably be the last one I make for a long while. And be forewarned--this is a spicy bugger of a soup. So have some tissues handy.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 t. oil (I used canola)

  • 1/2 large onion, diced

  • 4 cloves garlic, minced

  • 1 large can crushed tomatoes

  • 1 small can diced tomatoes

  • 1 T. diced jalapenos

  • 1 chipotle in adobe, diced up small

  • 2 small cans of corn, blackened (spread on a baking sheet and toss in your broiler for a while)

  • 3 c. veggie broth

  • 1 small can black beans

  • 1/3 c. vegan sour cream

DIRECTIONS
In a large pot, cook the onion and garlic in the oil until translucent. Add all other ingredients minus the sour cream. Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 20 minutes or so. Swirl in the sour cream. Let cook for 5-10 minutes more. Chow down.

No comments: