Tuesday, April 07, 2009

You Wanna See SQUIRRELY?? You Got It!

I don't think I've mentioned this here before, but I have some crazy-ass squirrels living in my yard. Not just your AVERAGE crazy-ass squirrels, but ones that have done the following on various occasions:
  • Awoken me in the morning by scrambling up the screen door that leads onto my roof and just hanging there while my cats freaked the hell out.


  • Tried getting into my house. Now, before I get lectures about leaving the door open onto my roof, lemme just tell you: BOTH CATS WERE OUT ON THE ROOF when this happened. Which is the only time I leave the door cracked--so they can come in and out as they please. Anyways: I'm washing dishes. Cats are out on the roof. I hear a noise. I come into the living room. There's a squirrel peering in the door at me. Cats are snoozing on the roof. Cats suddenly wake up. Crazy chase ensues.


  • Regularly climbed onto the roof WITH THE FULL KNOWLEDGE THAT MY CATS ARE UP THERE.


  • Jumped in my lap. THAT one takes the cake, and you can read about it HERE.


Point being: The squirrels really are crazy-ass crazy.

And now that it's warming up again (or WAS warming up, before the current inch of snow on the ground outside my window), they're back to their old shenanigans, tormenting my cats as much as possible.

Enjoy:










(I mean, seriously: he looks like he's contemplating
how he can spring himself from this position with SUCH
force that he will explode through my front-room window)



One of them also enjoys sitting in the neighbor's roof and staring at my cat for hours:



No comments: