But I promise you, I should have plenty to share next week since I'm having a campy horror movie night at my place on Saturday, complete with many Halloween-themed numblies.
It originally started out as a handful of us, but the number of people interested kept increasing and increasing. So now there's gonna be about 15 of us jammed around my television. Hee hee.
I think we're gonna probably end up watching one of these two flicks (at least):
The Killer Shrews
The Giant Gila Monster
And as of right now, I plan to whip up the following items as hors d'oeuvres, so expect pictures and some recipes:
- Chips and pretzels with:
- Either spicy black bean dip or some sort of layered taco dip
- A tangy peanut dip (probably the one from Garden of Vegan)
- Not pigs in a blanket from Garden of Vegan
- Pumpkin oatmeal cookies from VwaV again, since they're a crowd-pleaser
- Black Halloween punch
- And I'm gonna try veganizing my favorite Halloween cookies--witch's fingers (these are the non-vegan versions I made last Halloween when I hadn't yet taken the vegan leap):
Keep your witches' fingers crossed that they come out ok!